Pennsylvania State Police
After serving six years in the Air Force and being honorably discharged, I became a Pennsylvania State Trooper. During my time with the Pennsylvania State Police, I worked closely with federal and state agencies, and county and local law enforcement. I worked as a drug enforcement task officer with the DEA. I also conducted the execution of numerous high-risk search warrants and trained in using several types of weapons and tactics.
In January 2013, after 20 years of service with the Pennsylvania State Police I retired at the rank of Trooper First Class and started working for a school district in SW Pennsylvania.
United States Air Force and Army Reserve
Additionally, I served in the United States Air Force for 6 years in the law enforcement field serving in Turkey and at Andrews Air Force Base. While at Andrews, I was part of a unit that provided security for the president and foreign dignitaries when arriving and departing the base. I also worked at Air Force System Command, providing security for several high ranking officers. I was trained with several different types of weapons and other devices during this time.
Finally, I served in the United States Army Reserve from the age of 17 to 19 before joining the United States Air Force.
Awards and Recognition
During my career, I was put in many situations where split-second decisions needed to be made, some life or death. Those skills were developed with continued training using verbal skills and extensive firearms training. I have received several awards and citations — most notable were nominations for American Society for Industrial Security Officer of the year, Pennsylvania State Police Trooper of the year, and awarded the Pennsylvania State Police Commissioners’ Area Command Significant Achievement Award.
I received training from the following institutions:
- Pennsylvania State police
- Traffic Institute for Police Services
- Department of Justice (DOJ)
- United States Customs
- Washington County District Attorneys Office
From the Public Agency Training Council, my training includes:
- High Risk Traffic Stops
- Operation Whiteline
- Agressive Patrol/Criminal Enforcement
- First Responder
- Profiling Domestic Terrorism
- Counter Domestic Terrorism
- Domestic Violence Protocol for Law Enforcement
- Interviewing and Interrogation Techniques
- Survival Spanish
- Building Entry Tactics
- Use of Force and Verbal Judo
- Traffic Patrol/Drug Interdiction
- Tactical Communications for the Patrol Officer
- In Car Video
- Constitutional Case Law
- Legal Aspects of Breath Testing
- Legal and Procedural issues in Traffic Enforcement
- Sexual assault Protocol for Law Enforcement
- Vehicle Search and Seizure
- On-Scene Collision Investigation-Homicide by Vehicle
- Transient Crimes
- Drug/Narcotic Interdiction
- Investigation for the Street/Road Patrol Officer
I was also cross designated into U.S. Customs.
I am a member of the following:
FIrearms Owners Against Crime
Fraternal Order Of Police
National Association of School Resource Officers
Give Jeff a Call
Contact me to learn more about my mission and what I do with SIMTAC: